Monday, December 5, 2011

Interest

I'm making an effort to do this more frequently. By this I mean blog, and by more frequently I mean more than twice a year. I don't know how much "Good Knowledge" I have for you today. But, I stumbled upon a paper I wrote for my English class a few years ago. You may ask, why do you still have the paper around.  Well, because I never throw anything away, and I still use the folder. Lol

Nevertheless, the paper was on 1968, a crazy year which truly shaped our country. Vietnam was happening, MLK got shot, riots upon riots, hippie movement. It was nuts. I remember my teacher said that if there was ever a year where it would have been possible for the United States to self destruct, and cease to exist it was then. Jeez.

For the paper, we had to read the book "1968" and write a 7 page paper on the prompt.  Well I bought the book, skimmed through it and returned it. Sorry Barnes and Noble... And for my paper I ran low on quotes, wrote 5 pages and got a B. Whoops. Hah..

But thinking about all that history, where 40ish years later we look back and go "wow".  All those things that happened then that shaped the world we know today. My mind just wonders, from our lifetime, me at least (1990- to hopefully 2065.. -- 75 years seems like a good run. Lol.. I wonder though, what will be the events of our generation that people 50 years from now go "wow" about? Obviously 9/11 will be forever remembered... But what else? I hope our generation is remembered for more good things then bad, but on the other hand.... Who doesn't like a good riot?

Till next time -- Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment