Monday, December 19, 2011

Up late

Well its approaching 3am here on the west coast, not that I receive any interest on the east coast.. Matter of fact I don't have much interest on any coast lol. Anyways, like I said its approaching 3am.. You may ask why is Shane up so late? Well I would respond with, that's none of your business. But, I have a little cough and earlier I took a nice 3 hour nap so I'm feeling pretty fresh at the moment.  I just saw Sherlock Holmes 2. Good flick. The movie makes we want to speak in a British accent and devise many plans with nothing more than the tools around me. But those are two gifts I have yet to acquire... Personally, life now is good. Many friends are venturing home for Christmas which is always fun. This is always a solid time of year where people are often more cheerful than usual.

The purpose of my writing is this. I have been giving thought to a message taught by a friend from the church recently. If your reading this and are saying "I hate church"! well please stick around, this also has a humanitarian message. If your reading this and are saying "I hate people"! well I'm sorry. There are a lot of people around. Life must be tough. lol :) (sideways smiley face)

I would like you now to think about a time where someone, maybe a friend, or just some random person made your day.

(Think)

(Keep Reading)

Maybe it was a hello, or a phone call or a text or whatever. A time where someone went out of there way to make your day better. This act, for some, may happen all the time. But for many it doesn't. For this "Christmas Season" aka the season of giving. How bout we actually give something. I'm not saying that we all clean out our savings and make it rain in the streets, but how bout we call Grandpa and Grandma just to talk. How bout we pick up some food for a homeless man. Pay for the persons meal in the drive thru behind you. Pay for a friends meal because, well... they are your friend, and they have to deal with you. Tell your parents you appreciate there hard work and thank them. These things take little effort.

I feel like if we took 5 minutes to be a little nicer and give, then we would appreciate it more when it happens to us.

People helping People.

Feel free to make someones day. They might need it. -Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment